Sunday, April 17, 2016

Be That Someone


There is just one more week left in my student teaching experience at Lampeter Strasburg High School.  It is now mid-April and I think it is safe to say spring is here to stay.  After our surprise snow squall we had last weekend!

Reflecting on my past week I was unsure of what to share with you.  So many awesome experiences have occurred during my student teaching internship.  I have only gotten to share snippets with you. 

This past week some of my students were in some not so great moods.  However, some came to school saying to me “I’m glad that I have first period with you Mr. Tate, it makes starting my day that much better.”  This shocked me.  I have only been here for 13 weeks and making that big of an impact on a student’s day means a lot to me. 

As I said some of my students were in some foul moods.  I could tell this first thing in the morning greeting my students at the door.  This simple task of greeting your students at the door can give you a breadth of information of what is going on in your students’ lives.  While some of my students might have been in a foul mood.  I realized every day I must put my best foot forward to be a positive impact of change.  Keeping that positive energy flow in your classroom can make all the difference in how well your lesson could go. 

I was also reminded that you don’t know the struggles someone is going through until you have gone through them yourself or you are alerted or informed of the situation.  A few students of mine have gone through some not so great circumstances lately. 

While I realize I cannot fix everything I do hope every day I can make someone’s day just a little bit better.  Because after all it’s the little things that mean the most.   

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Mason! "Be that someone who makes everyone feel like a someone!" Keep on doing great things !!!

    ReplyDelete